Monday, February 20, 2006

Nifty find

My sis and I are signed up for a painting class that starts in March, so we went to a local art supply store and got a bunch of paints and other stuff yesterday. When I got home, I tried to search for the sketch box I thought I'd seen in the basement, but didn't find it until I looked again today.

I don't know which grandmother it belonged to -- could've been either Irma's or Bobbie's. Irma was a professional artist and art teacher. Bobbie had a degree in art, but never painted professionally. Either way, it's a nifty find.

I'm not going to be able to use any of the paints for this class (even supposing they're still good), since I want to try acrylics rather than oils, but it's nifty to have an actual artist's paintbox to look at, especially one belonging to my grandmother. I'm going to divide the usable parts -- pallette knives, mostly -- with my sis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home