Wednesday, February 15, 2006

For a delightfully macabre take on the Olympics....

Mr. Otto

As good as Warner Bros. I kid you not!

For anyone who's been hiding in a cave for the past month, The Yarn Harlot started a Knitting Olympics thing where people cast on a project at the start of the Olympics, to be finished by the end of the Games. It's all good fun, but like many things it's snowballed into something completely... well, wierd. I've encountered this same wierdness in a smaller way with regards to my reenacting book; if you're published, people start regarding you as some kind of Goddess Incarnate, which gets old really fast. (Which is why I have a knitting blog, not a reenacting blog.)

So, in response to said wierdness, there are several parody teams for the Knitting Olympics, namely Team Angstylvania and The Knitting Curmudgeon's Team Joisey (which isn't really a team, so far as I can tell). Love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home