Saturday, February 18, 2006

Wow. I don't know what to say...

Two links, courtesy of Bitch PhD.:
"Your Pregnancy is a Punishment from God"
and
"Sluts Still Need to be Taught a Lesson"

I have too many friends who deal with various issues -- miscarriages, that kind of thing -- and reading about this sort of behavior on the part of doctors just... wow.

About a year ago in November I went to visit a friend who stayed with the church I grew up in. She has four kids. When I was showing her my knitting (hats for the nephews) she made several comments to the effect of "so that's what you can do if you don't have kids" which really irked me. I didn't know how to interpret her comments -- envy that I don't have kids and she does, and feels trapped (she's worried about what would happen to their family if her husband had a heart attack)? Judgement of me for not having kids? Maybe a bit of both?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home