Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Quiet day, with dogs

I've been contemplating laddering back to add some more cables to the FLAK sweater sleeve, and now, after seeing JennyRae's sweater, I'm pretty convinced. I asked K., and he doesn't care one way or the other (the sweater is for him), so if I made this change it'd mostly be to please my own design sense.

I worked from home today. I try to be very productive (respond to emails promptly, get a lot of work done -- in fact, sometimes I think I'm more productive than at the office, because there are fewer chances to talk to coworkers), but it's nice to take a break to get a cup of tea, switch a load of laundry over to the dryer, and pat the dogs.

Got the flooring all done last night, phew! Need to do the crown molding and baseboard now. But not tonight. And this weekend looks pretty busy, too (stuff for the event next weekend, and more work on my sis's wedding dress).

3 Comments:

Blogger historicstitcher said...

Seems a shame that you seldom get comments. I certainly can empathize with attempting to do home improvements as a couple! I've done the same as you did.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Corbie said...

Thanks! I think I need to apply to join a few webrings to get more traffic to the blog -- and I really haven't gotten into the habit of blogging much until the beginning of this year.

I really enjoy doing a lot of this DIY stuff. The feeling of accomplishment is very rewarding.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Hey Mara,
I'm just getting around to replying to comments on my blog. So what did you decide to do with the FLAK sleeve? Last I read you were contemplating frogging. Don't keep a girl hangin'! I'm still stuck on sleeve island. That first one is taking forever, and I'm really dreading the second.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home