Saturday, July 12, 2008

New shed!

Here's the new shed! The installers came and put it up on Tuesday. Woo!

Today we put all the stuff from the old shed, which had been piled on the patio, away. It's nice not to have a pile of junk under a tarp every time we look out the living room window.

Also finished mulching the garden beds, measured the space for the new bed, and bought the wood for the new garden bed and pad for the water barrels. If I'm not too sore tomorrow from spreading mulch, I'm hoping I can get the new bed built. The bed will be approximately 9' x 10' x 12", made of two levels of 6" wide boards, giving me a nice deep garden bed for growing root vegetables.

The tomatoes in the four 4' x 8' veggie beds aren't doing very well this year. I don't know why; I have been trying to make sure they get enough water. The lettuce and chard did pretty well in those beds. Beans/peas and squash do fine there, too. I don't know if I got the tomatoes planted a bit late, or if our long, cool, wet spring just delayed them. I may want to add another 6" board to raise the level of those beds this fall.

1 Comments:

Blogger goosefairy said...

oooo. i like the new shed. verra verra nice.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home