Friday, May 09, 2008

Estonian Garden Shawl

I love Evelyn Clark's designs. The Estonian Garden shawl has been on my "round to it" list for a while, and I finally got around to knitting it this spring, as a gift for my younger sister.

The Swallowtail Shawl (Interweave Knits) uses the same Lily of the Valley pattern, and when I knitted that shawl this winter the nupps gave me fits. However, I found a few blogs that mentioned using a crochet hook to do the nupps, so that's what I did on this shawl. MUCH less frustrating. I used the crochet hook as though it were a knitting needle, knitting five stitches into one stitch then pulling a loop through those stitches and moving the nupp to the right hand needle. This way the nupp is done on one row, and you can purl all the way back on the reverse row.

Once I'm done with another project or two, I think I'll have to knit myself one of these shawls too.

1 Comments:

Blogger goosefairy said...

and, oh is it beautiful. btw, i'm bringing in the extra skein of moss on monday so you can get started on yours! the picture, quite frankly, does not do the shawl justice. soooooo nice in person; all that lovely silky softness :)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home