Sunday, March 16, 2008

Relynn tagged me

The tag rules are:
1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog
Relynn's blog is here
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs
5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged

So here are my 7 things:

1. I had a pony when I was in 2nd / 3rd grade. He wasn't very interesting -- he was old and fat when we got him, and preferred to amble around and eat grass to actually going anywhere, so I still don't know how to properly ride a horse. The neighbor kids frequently cut through our yard and left the gate open; the pony would then sneak out at night and go hang out with some other ponies in a pasture a few miles away, at which point Dad and I would have to go fetch him and walk him home. When we moved from our off-base house to on base, my Dad refused to go get him from his final escape run, figuing he'd be happier there than in the stables on the base.

2. I love old British cars. My folks had two MGAs when I was growing up -- one when I was a toddler, another when I was about 15. K. and I owned a 1971 MGB in the early '90s. I'd love to have another one eventually. I learned a bunch of great mechanical stuff working on the MGB. Alternatively, I've been looking at old British motorcycles. Not sure I'll buy one, but it's fun to look.

3. Both my grandmothers were artists -- one professionally, painting portraits and teaching art and mechanical drawing at the local high school; she worked as an architect during WW2; the other was good enough to have been a professional artist, and had a college degree in art and design. I'm very proud of them, and have some of their art displayed in my office at work.


4. I had two fairly serious operations before the age of 34. This definitely changed my outlook on life; I'm trying to enjoy life more on my own terms and worry less about what other people think.


5. I can't imagine living without dogs. Yes, I've had a series of dogs with odd/warped personalities, but they're a big part of my life. I like farm-collie type dogs, probably because the dogs we had when I was in early grade school were usually at least part collie. (Later we had poodles, but I never quite clicked with those dogs as much as the farm collies.)


6. I love rain; I really love thunderstorms. I've been known to go walking in rainstorms (not the ones with lightning, usually, though) because they make me feel alive.


7. My favorite season is Fall. I love the rich colors, the seasonal foods; this past Fall I got back into my fall tradition of baking and putting up preserves. Spring is a relief after a long winter, but I could do without the pastels and Easter-related kitsch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home