Sunday, May 13, 2007

MD Sheep & Wool

Yes, I did go to MD Sheep & Wool this year. I usually go on Sunday, since I'm not really worried about missing out on anything, and it's always less crowded. I took two friends, one of whom is learning to spin & had never been to the festival before. She quickly loaded herself down with LOTS of fiber (roving, fleece, etc.), and also bought a drop spindle and pair of wool cards. We had a fun, if exhausting, day. Here's the obligatory cute picture -- one vendor stationed her two daughters outside the booth with angora bunnies in their laps.

I bought a couple of books on weaving, three small bags (different colors) of Icelandic fleece, some cochineal bugs, and another weaving shuttle / bag of bobbins. I was very trying not to buy more yarn or more projects, since I still haven't knitted the sweater kit from Philosopher's Wool that I bought last year, but I did buy a punch tool from American Heirloom Rugs, a company that makes rug kits. I might buy a rug kit from them down the road -- I loved the rugs they had on display, and have wanted to try hooked/punched rugs for some time. The tool makes it look pretty easy. I might try punching a few mug rugs first.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home