Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Stash

A holiday trip to MA would not be complete without a little sightseeing. So on Tuesday we went to Historic Deerfield, which I'd seen before but which K had not. When I went with my middle sis before, I concentrated on textiles; this time we went to look at furniture, which are K's thing. He took lots of pics, and practically drooled himself silly. I have GOT to get that boy up to Winterthur...

On the way home, we went to Webs, which was on the list of things to do if we had time (I initially thought it was too far from sis's house for a convenient trip). We decided to drop by en route home, though.

I got the yarn for the hap shawl from Webs, and have no business buying more yarn until I finish a few more projects -- but it wouldn't have been a trip to this fiber mecca if I hadn't bought something, right? So I bought the new edition of Knitting in the Old Way, which was on sale; a few more needles (always need more needles), the Estonian Garden scarf pattern, and about 1250 yards (1/4 lb) of Jaggerspun Zephyr in grey. (Yes, more grey. I like grey. Always have.) Oh, yes -- also 4 skeins of Artful Yarns Supermerino. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but it's lovely and was calling my name. Maybe something in lacy cables...

The new edition of Knitting in the Old Way is definitely worth the purchase. I intend to post a review sometime in the next day or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home