Monday, May 09, 2005

MD Sheep & Wool Festival

Took my mom to MSWF on Sunday, for Mother's Day. She had a grand time! I've been trying to get her back into knitting, and I suspect her ability to concentrate and eyesight aren't as good as they used to be, but she did buy a nice vest pattern (Oat Couture's Oregon Vest).

Gave her the mohair Flower Basket shawl I knitted last week (pics soon), which she wore with great enjoyment.

I tried not to buy much yarn - four skeins total, three of a Shetland weight green heathered yarn from The Mannings, and another skein of Brown Sheep Bulky in dark blue, to finish a tam.

Did get a few books -- one on handpainting yarn, and one on the history of indigo. Also bought a pound of indigo, since I want to try a fermentation vat this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home