Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow day: finished the Interminable Dishtowels

These dishtowels (aka the Damned Dishcloths) have been cluttering up my loom for months now, so it's good to have them finally done! The pattern is ok, but they're in that category of Deadly Boring that kept me from wanting to work on them. Something either needs to be so simple I can work on it without thinking about it, or complicated enough to hold my attention. Stuff in the grey zone between those two doesn't get finished.

Now I can move on to the next project! I'm either going to a) warp up a shawl to use up some of the laceweight yarn in my stash, or b) weave a sample tartan scarf, prior to starting a larger tartan shawl (aridaid) that I've been thinking about weavingfor a few years.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger goosefairy said...

well, i told rob that i will be getting a simple loom this year to make up some scarves for xmas presents for the adults for next year.

i have finally succumbed to your evil tempting ways.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home