Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Projects, and first knitting class

So, I taught my first Beginning Knitting class last night (the first of three sessions). Got there at about 6:15, got set up, & had a FULL class. I think I need to limit the class size to 8 next time. 10 or 12 is almost too many. A two-hour class is a good idea, though.

Most of the students "got it", but there were two who couldn't see what their hands were doing -- they were still splitting stitches, doing yarnovers, and/or pulling too hard and pulling stitches off the left-hand needle at the end of the two-hour class. I tried pointing these things out, but ultimately their success will be up to them.

I'm debating frogging the garter-stitch shawl/scarf I'm working on (in Koigu's sport-weight Merino, I forget the exact label) and doing that basket lace scarf from Interweave Knits Fall 2004, which is the reason I bought that issue in the first place.

Need to finish the second Sassy Stripes mitt, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home